2013 NPA News
1. Reminder to all! The Natural Physique Association (NPA) mission statement is an independent organization which promotes sanctioned drug-free amateur and professional bodybuilding/fitness & figure and bikini events within the Continental United States of America, to include Alaska and Hawaii. The NPA as it is sometimes called was founded and organized in the year 2000, making it a true new millennium organization. It is owned by the Si-Flex Physique Club Inc. and managed by its reigning President/CEO, Harry E. Silas. Articles and a constitution/rulebook for the NPA were written and established in January of 2002, the same year the Pro division was birthed and the Association was registered in a USA court of law for its trademark name and business license. The NPA annually recruits administrators,officials, promoters and athletes to its ranks. It also disciplines those that violate the intent or rules of the organization which is what a sanction federation does.
2. As the Natural Physique Association prepares for still another year things appear to continue in an upward direction. We are looking for a much improved year over the previous one. We will continue to carry out the NPA’s mission; this includes discovering champions of tomorrow and allowing that one more opportunity for those who love the sport of Natural bodybuilding, fitness/figure and bikini competitions.
3. Once again I salute the United States Army (20+ years of honorable service which includes 36 months as a drill instructor, 27 months service in the old guard and 24+ months as a First Sergeant), and a graduate of the Sergeants major academy. I truly understand duty/honor/country and love the United States of America to include our newly reelected President, Mrs. Obama and children. May God bless them so they can continue to make a difference in our country. I still miss my great friend of 30+ years; Mrs. YeSok Silas. 6/19/09.
4. Our recruitment for Officials and Judges resumes in 2014. We are using 2013 to update our rule book and research the possible introduction of male/ female physique competitions. All of the NPA judges are certified and accredited.
5. John Robinson is the official NPA New York State Chairman for the state. The program will resume in 2014.
6. Melissa Minton-Shaffer is the NPA Tennessee State chairwoman and a third show is on schedule; August 3, 2013.
7. Congratulations are in order for the following individuals: Results of the 7th annual banquet!
2012 Top Contest Administrator: Michael Stewart, Petersburg, Virginia
Rochelle Silas, Petersburg, Virginia
2012 Top Judge:Arlessa Gray, Richmond, Virginia
2012 Top Head Judge: Randy "Big Arms" Batts, Petersburg, Virginia
2012 Top Attendance:JW Hicks, Richmond, Virginia
2012 Most Improved Athlete: Cedric Perry, Rocky Mount, North Carolina
2012 Promoter of the Year: Si-Flex Physique Club Inc. Colonial Hts. Virginia
2012 NPA Iron Female Athlete of the Year:
Shirley D. Minter-Smith, Raleigh, North Carolina
2012 NPA Iron Male Athlete of the Year: Scott Brady, Spartanburg, SC
2012 NPA Top Pro Figure of the Year: Dena Banks, Chesterfield, Virginia
: Linda Krasnansky, Raleigh, North Carolina
2012 NPA Top Female Bodybuilder of the Year:
LaToynia Ransom-Harvey, Newington, Virginia
Shirley D. Minter-Smith, Raleigh, North Carolina
2012 NPA Top Male Bodybuilder of the Year:
Daniel Q. Wright, Colonial Heights,Virginia
Jerry Garner, Mebane, North Carolina
8. We appreciate your continued support, prayers, donations, sponsorships and remember word by mouth can go a long ways!
9. NPA PRo Card letters will be going out in January for early renewals; season 2013. ($50)>
10.Amatuer Card letters will be going out in February for early renewals; season 2013. ($25).
11. The NPA has spoken with Johnson City's and business man Alex Fulbright about the possibility of promoting an annual Tennessee show which will add to Melissa Minter-Shaffer state Tennessee event. Details are being work out and there is more to come.
12. Our condolescences go out to the citizens of Newtown, Connecticut regarding the terrible tragedy on December 14, 2012. I wish we could of done something for you to prevent the pain you are going through. When things like this happen we must turn to GOD for help and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again. Children are an absolute that we must protect and come together for. As President Obama said, " Newtown, you are not alone". we love you and we are with you!
13. Effective January 21, 2013 former NPA Pro female bodybuilding champion Lesa McCoy has been reinstated back into the ranks of NPA female Pro bodybuilding competition. We welcome Lesa back, all others beware!
14. Effective February 5, 2013 former NPA Pro female bodybuilding competitor Toni Johnson has been reinstated back into the ranks of NPA female Pro bodybuilding competition.
15. Once again the NPA sends its condolescences out to National Gym Association (NGA) Virginia State Chairman Dave Spindel's famiy. Dave whom passed away February 22nd and originally from Hicksville, New York, home of Billy Joel and neighbor of my grade school Oyster Bay elementary was a good friend. Many times I assisted him with his 3 record setting shows; The Annapolis, Potomac Cup and the Mt. Rogers. He also assisted me and judged the last AAU Mr. / Ms. America in 1999 in which I had the opportunity to promote. Dave will truly be missed and may I meet him again in great place. The funeral is the Miller Funeral Home, 3200 Galansky Blvd, Woodbridge, VA 22191. I plan to be there to show respect to his family and Dave.
16. Due to the "Sequester" and signing of President "Barrack Obama" bill to cut $ 85 billion dollars from the federal government, the NPA has postponed its' 23rd March Retreat! However, the competitive scheduled season will be carried out as planned. Natural athletes these are your events, in order for them to happen you need to provide much support!